Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tiger-sized Dust-bunnies


Yesterday was very eventful and rewarding. My friend Rene (as in Irene) came up for a working visit. She's a highly organized, neat and tidy, clean queen. We opened up the french doors in the den to the backyard and took out all the "stuff" except the heavy furniture. She then sat me down on the deck to deal with all the papers -- piles and piles of it. I had to toss, shred or keep every little bit of it. Meanwhile, she was in the den tackling my tiger-sized dust-bunnies and cleaning like a fiend! We made so much progress.

When we came back from lunch and an errand, she sat me down at my newly uncovered Arts and Crafts Movement antique desk I purchased last year but didn't immediatley occupy. She brought in all my jewelry tools and supplies and I organized and made homes for them in the desk. Here are some pictures of them in the wild (at the consignment store) before it cam home with me. (By the way, does anyone know anything about the furniture manufacture "Stone's Patent"?) I must apologize for the quality of these photos.

1 comment:

Roger.A.Smith said...

I have a piece of furniture with 'Stone's Patent' on part of the draw mechanism. This is a set of 5 draws all of which have fronts that are hinged at each side with a pivot attached to each side of the draw. This allows the front to swing down and under the draw. I assumed that the maker was 'Stone' and that these mechanisms were patented.